Saturday, June 23, 2007

This is Scarry

I'm not a writer. I really have an aversion to even writing letters or E-mails to friends and family. I blame elementary school where I received no encouragement to write. I used to have papers returned to me with big red AWKWARD or RUN ON written on them. I keep wondering if any teacher could have found something redeeming in my writing to compliment, maybe I wouldn’t avoid it like the plague. I did well, not superbly, in English – always in the high sections because I could read and had excellent grammar and spelling skills.

I went into science partly because there would not be as much writing. Also writing scientific papers is different than essays.
I am grateful to the library for giving me the Impetus to tackle this exercise. I have been reading blogs for a few years, and sometimes commenting on them. I never thought I would be doing one, but somewhere in the back of my mind I would like to give it a try.

I never knew there were so many writers trying to find a voice. This technology makes everything seem so easy, and voices to be heard all over the world.
Writing my thoughts is scary not like Richard.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Are you kidding?! Your writing is very personal and I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks very much.

Susie said...

Richard? Who, Little Richard? Woooooohoooooo! Welcome to blogging!